1–7 April is World Autism Awareness Week 2019! To celebrate, we would love all of our families and friends to join us for a children’s sponsored walk on Saturday, April 6th from 11am–2pm at Toby House.
Ask your children, siblings, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, and your friends’ children to take part in Toby’s Trail. Collect sponsors to complete a mile long walk around the Earth Balance site. This will help to raise some much-needed funds to continue the work we do here at The Toby Henderson Trust.
The trail starts at 11 am. You can take as long as you want to do it, and there will be some clues to collect along the way. Take in all of the wonderful surroundings at Earth Balance. Then, once you have completed Toby’s Trail, there will be refreshments available for you to enjoy at Toby House. We’ll have a little prize for the children taking part too!
Come along and enjoy a lovely family day out with us!
If you and your family would like to take part please contact Lynda at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and to receive your sponsorship forms.
Things to remember on your walk
- Please follow the signposted route throughout the trail. There will be TTHT volunteers along the route and signs to show you the way. Please do not stray onto other areas and other pathways. We do not have permission to enter these areas, and it will be seen as trespassing.
- Please do not feed the horses or other animals on the route. But feel free to say hello along the way.
- You, the participating adult(s), are wholly responsible for your child at all times. Please be aware that there are some areas of the walk that may need extra care. For example, the bridge, which may be slippery when wet. The path does get close to the railway lines and bunkers. Please keep clear!
- We recommend appropriate footwear as some areas can become a little boggy and soggy underfoot. You’ll need wellies or other outdoor footwear, especially after lots of rain.
- Please don’t pick the flowers or other foliage along the route. We quite like it all the way it is.
- Some parts of the walk are public footpaths and are used by dog walkers and members of the public. If you bring a dog, please, PLEASE clean up after it and keep it on a lead at all times!
- There are various sites along the way that you will be able to explore, but you do so at your own risk (as per the signed disclaimer). TTHT accepts no responsibility for personal injury along the route of the sponsored walk.
- The route crosses public highways. All participants must adhere to the Highway Code.
- TTHT may take photographs of the event and use them in publicity material including on its website. If you do not want your photograph to be used, please contact a member of the TTHT team.
- TTHT reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the format of Toby’s Trail where this may become necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Hot dogs and snacks will be on sale back at Toby House. Come back and hand in your completed Toby’s Trail finder, and your child will be rewarded with a medal and a certificate for taking part.