In light of the growing concerns over the Coronavirus and keeping the wellbeing and safety of our children, families and staff of utmost importance, we have made the difficult decision to postpone Toby’s Trail and the Easter Fayre on 4th April.
Keep your eyes peeled and we will inform you in due course when the event will be rescheduled.
We hope to keep families up to date with any developments regarding Coronavirus but at the moment we are following Government guidelines in relation to precautions and preventative measures.
Please be mindful if you do visit Toby House in the coming weeks, to wash your hands thoroughly upon arrival and departure from the Centre and use hand sanitiser provided.
Join us on Saturday, April 4th for a fun children’s sponsored one-mile walk to raise money for The Toby Henderson Trust!
Ask your children, siblings, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, and your friends’ children to take part in Toby’s Trail. Collect sponsors and complete a mile-long walk around the Earth Balance site. This will help to raise some much-needed funds to continue the work we do here at The Toby Henderson Trust.
The trail starts at 11 am. You can take as long as you want to complete your walk, so you can take your time and enjoy the wonderful surroundings at Earth Balance. There will be clues to collect along the way, and once you have completed Toby’s Trail, refreshments will be available for you to enjoy at Toby House. We’ll have a little prize for the children taking part too!
Come along and enjoy a lovely family day out with us!
If you and your family would like to take part, please contact Lynda at email@example.com to register your interest and to receive your sponsorship forms.
Things To Keep In Mind On Your Walk
- Please follow the signposted route throughout the trail. There will be Toby Henderson Trust volunteers along the route and signs to show you the way. Please do not stray onto other areas and other pathways. We do not have permission to enter these areas and it will be seen as trespassing.
- Please do not feed the horses or other animals on the route. But feel free to say hello!
- You, the participating adult(s), are wholly responsible for your child(ren) at all times. Please be aware that there are some areas of the walk that may need extra care. For example, the bridge may be slippery when wet. The path does get close to the railway lines and bunkers. Please keep clear!
- Appropriate footwear is recommended as some areas can become a little boggy and soggy underfoot. Wellies or other outdoor footwear will be needed, especially after lots of rain.
- Please don’t pick the flowers or other foliage along the route. We quite like it all the way it is.
- Some parts of the walk are public footpaths and are used by dog walkers and members of the public. If you bring a dog, please, PLEASE clean up after it and keep it on a lead at all times!
- There are various sites along the way that you will be able to explore but be aware that this is done at your own risk (as per the signed disclaimer). TTHT accepts no responsibility for personal injury along the route of the sponsored walk
- The route crosses public highways. All participants must adhere to the Highway Code.
- TTHT may take photographs of the event and use them in publicity material including on its website. If you do not want your photograph to be used, please contact a member of the TTHT team.
- TTHT reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the format of Toby’s Trail where this may become necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Hot dogs and snacks will be on sale back at Toby House and we’ll have a tombola too. Come back and hand in your completed Toby’s Trail finder and your child will be rewarded with a medal and a certificate for taking part.