Music Speaks Louder than Words
Find out about the benefits of music therapy with our Nordoff Robbins-trained music therapist, Hannah Ashman at our introductory workshop on Monday March 26 2018, from11am to 1pm. The session will include:
- Introduction to Nordoff Robbins music therapy.
- Examples of 1-1 and group music therapy at The Toby Henderson Trust for children, young people and adults.
- Exploration of basic music therapy skills and strategies that might be used at home, school or in other settings.
- Complimentary light lunch.
About Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy
Music Therapy is an intervention that takes place in a wide range of educational, health and social settings. It is delivered by a trained music therapist.
Nordoff Robbins is the leading UK music therapy charity. Its music-centred approach is founded on the premise that everybody can connect through music. The original music therapy work of Paul Nordoff and Clive Robbins in the 50s and 60s was carried out with autistic children. These days, Nordoff Robbins also helps those with dementia, facing a terminal illness, or struggling with mental health issues. It can stimulate brain function for victims of stroke and highlight what a person can do in spite of their complex disabilities.
For children and adults with autism, it can support social interaction and communication skills, increase self-esteem and contribute to well-being.
Book your place now
To book your place, please contact Lynda Richardson on 0300 365 3055 or e-mail email@example.com
- £5 registered families
- £10 non registered families
- £30 professionals