Understanding Autism Webinar
This free webinar for families will be presented by our Autism Service Manager, Lynda Richardson and our Autism Hub Manager, Fiona Richards via Zoom on Monday 15th April 2024.
Parents and carers are often overwhelmed when the term autism is mentioned to them, especially in relation to their own child. Fiona and Lynda will come together to help you begin your journey into a better understanding of what it means to be autistic and how you as a parent/carer can feel more confident in supporting and understanding your child.
We will cover key areas and dispel common everyday myths using a range of materials and drawing on lived experience from autistic individuals.
This webinar has been co-produced by our staff with support from our A Team (Autistic Advisory board) and the children and young people we work with.
General webinar information
- All webinars will be held on Zoom and you will be sent the link via email prior to the session.
- Our webinars are for parents and family members only.
- We kindly ask that you only book a place if you can definitely attend. Please let us know if you are no longer able to join us so that we can reallocate your space.
- The window to book a place on each webinar will close 2 days before the session.
- Prior to the webinar, please make sure that your Zoom name is the same as the name you registered under to allow you entry into the session.
- Please note these webinars may be interactive and we occasionally use break-out rooms. We love it when parents turn their cameras on to engage in the session but we understand that you may need to turn this off.
- We have made the decision to not record any of our webinars as we want to ensure safe spaces so participants can ask questions and voice their thoughts.
Please fill out the form below to register:
Registration email/URL - email@example.com