An Introduction to Non Violent Resistance (NVR) Webinar
This is a free webinar for families via Zoom on Wednesday 24th April 2024 at 9.30am – 11.30am and will be delivered by NVR Practitioner and Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist Carolyn Morgan.
NVR (Non-Violent Resistance) is a parenting approach that takes its inspiration from the political movements where change is brought about in a peaceful manner.
“You cannot change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it” Mahatma Ghandi.
Rather than using consequences, or trying to develop insight in the young person, the aim instead is to raise parental or carer presence. NVR does not try to change the child instead it hopes to change the relationship between parent and child. Within NVR the adults are central to this work. Carolyn is a qualified NVR practitioner and uses this approach to help parents deal with their child’s violent, aggressive and challenging behaviours.
To register for this event please use the form below.
General webinar information
- All webinars will be held on Zoom and you will be sent the link via email a few days prior to the session. Please also check your Spam Inbox as sometimes emails can be directed there.
- Please note that these events can only be accessed by parents and family members in the UK.
- We kindly ask that you only book a place if you can definitely attend. Please let us know if you are no longer to join us so that we can reallocate your space.
- Prior to the webinar, please make sure that your Zoom name is the same as the name you registered under to allow you entry into the session.
- Please note these webinars may be interactive and we occasionally use break-out rooms. We love it when parents turn their cameras on to engage in the session but we understand that you may need to turn this off.
- We have made the decision to not record any of our webinars as we want to ensure safe spaces so participants can ask questions and voice their thoughts.
- The Toby Henderson Trust have funded all sessions so you can access it for free. However, if at all possible, we’d be extremely grateful if you can you consider giving a small donation in thanks for being able to attend our events. You can donate via our website and all donations will be used to put on future sessions. Thank you in advance!
Registration email/URL - email@example.com